So, I've been a bit MIA, though unfortunately it has not been because I've suddenly become Miss Outdoors/Sporty. I've been a working woman, climbing the corporate food chain! With that extra time in front of the computer and not behind a stove, I've also earned a few extra lbs. So, I've signed on as J's spouse at our Alma Mater so I can get the cheap gym membership! Now, I just need to cancel my current membership at my fancy wonderful gym that is very far from everywhere I am. The only downside to this situation is that I will have to workout around younger, fitter undergrads. :( It doesn't matter though, because the more I go, the fitter I'll be! Also, I need to get it better shape because J let me know that regarding him popping the question, "Things are happening". Once that happens, I want to be able to have pictures taken without needing to have Barbara Walters lighting.
As far as diet goes, I've been pondering going back to being vegan. It is inconvenient and time-consuming, but I never have felt better and lost weight as easily as that time period of my life. It is something I've been thinking about a lot, but not necessarily doing anything about. I need to bust out my Eat to Live book again and remind myself of why I went vegan in the first place.
A deterrent to my vegan dreams is the discovery that my younger brother subscribed to Gourmet magazine and forgot about it, so my mother is giving me all the issues he received and will receive! That mag is serious food porn. Everything is beautiful and they have at least 20 recipes per issue and explain how to do the hard stuff. Would I ever have thought to poach meringue in milk? No, but now all I want to do is cook these beautiful, heart stopping recipes! I think I will and will post my results (with a photo comparison).
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment