Thursday, August 1, 2013

And we're back! It has been a couple of years, but since a couple of us are trying to do Eat to Live, here we are.
Since my house is full of chips, bread and cheese, veggies (and some fruit) needed to be purchased. I was planning on going to Fred Meyer, but since it is beautiful outside here, I decided to make a run to a local farmer's market nearby. I think this is going to have to be a regular occurrence until the farmer's markets close for winter as I got everything pictured below for $19! 

To help out all of us, I'm going to be posting menu plans and recipe links for what I've got going on.
First, some helpful links!
Five simple vegan breakfasts
Pinterest- Vegan!
Awesome looking breakfast or dessert smoothie/neat health website

What I ate yesterday and I'm eating today, with warning notice.
I love Eat to Live, but there are 2 things I'm not willing to compromise on: Salt and Coffee. I will always have those two on my menu, so sorry for starting out with cheats already built in!




Wednesday Thursday
Breakfast Coffee Coffee
Morning Snack White bread toast Peaches and Strawberries
Lunch Carrots with Almond butter and celery with black beans and salsa Mexican Salad: Green lettuce with red onion, black beans, cucumber, radish and tomato
Afternoon Snack Blackberries Meeting over Coffee 
Dinner Heirloom tomatoes with balsamic, salt and pepper and toast Thai Lettuce Wraps: Cucumber, bean sprouts, quinoa, carrots, celery, peanut sauce wrapped in Butter Lettuce
Dessertstrawberriespeppermint tea

Good luck today and check back tonight or tomorrow!

No comments: